I was fixing some offensively outdated customer servers today that continued stalling out at 0%, 99% and different rates on the ‘downloading updates’ period of applying Windows Updates. All the typical traps of erasing the Download envelope inside C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution didn’t work. Antivirus being handicapped appeared to unravel a portion of the issue, yet not the entire issue.
It appeared that each time I would erase the substance of the Download index, it would simply stall out at a similar place on numerous occasions. Windows Update Stuck at 0 There’s a really basic answer for discovering which refresh is neglecting to download, in this manner having the capacity to untick it from the determination, introduce the others, and afterward introduce the broken ones physically.
- Guarantee you have something besides ‘Introduce refreshes naturally’ chose in Windows Update settings
- Play out an output for refreshes as typical
- At the point when the output completes, click ‘Introduce’ which should give you the alternative to pick which refreshes
- Look over each refresh in the rundown, searching for this convenient symbol on the right-hand side of the Windows Update determination sheet
- Untick each refresh that says “Refresh is prepared to download” rather than “Refresh is prepared to introduce” and make a note of the KB number for each refresh you untick – you’ll require these in no time
- Continue with establishment with the rest of the ‘ticked’ refreshes; these ones ought to continue without issue (since they’re as of now downloaded)
- With the KB numbers you noted down, punch them into Google each one in turn, alongside the working framework name (eg, Server 2012, Server 2012 R2) and locate the pertinent Microsoft Download Center connect to download the refresh
- Once the establishment began in stage 6 is finished, introduce every one of those refresh bundles downloaded physically in stage 7
- After different reboots as required, you should now have a completely cutting-edge Windows Server (despite the fact that you may need to rehash this procedure a couple of times, as a few updates will open more current ensuing updates)