Laserfiche 8.2 is now shipping and available for free upgrade for clients with current support contract (LSAP). It includes a new Server, Client and Web Access. This is a major release and contains numerous new features, fixes, and significant performance enhancements. Please note that you cannot upgrade just the client, both the server and the client must be 8.2.
Laserfiche Server, Client and Web Access 8.2 Enhancements Include:
1. Laserfiche Snapshot is a full driver update which allows users to save their favorite settings to Snapshot printing profiles.
2. Laserfiche Scanning now supports Windows Image Acquisition (WIA), a new standard for scanner drivers.
3. Dynamic fields allow only relevant field information to be displayed based on values selected in other fields. For example, if the Document Type field is set to “correspondence” then fields that are related to correspondence would be displayed such as creation date, author, and subject.
4. New PDF support features, PDFs can now have image and text pages generated natively by Laserfiche, either at time of import or once the PDF is in the repository. In addition, annotation conversion support is available for both import and export, and PDFs can be exported in the archival PDF/A format.
5. Stamps can be created from a text string rather than just from an image. The text string supports tokens, allowing for dynamic date, count, and user stamps.
6. Search enhancements allow users to refine a set of search results to quickly locate the documents they are searching for. Laserfiche search now also supports the ability to find related words in full-text searches, and allows you to specify multiple folders for search filtering.
7. Laserfiche Records Management Edition now is DOD 5015.2 revision 3 certificated.
8. Laserfiche 8 has improved Office Integration. The Office Plug-in has been updated to more tightly integrate Laserfiche and Microsoft Office. It streamlined Save to Laserfiche process, the ability to view Laserfiche metadata from within Office applications, the ability to directly attach Laserfiche documents to an e-mail from within Microsoft Outlook, and full support of Office 2010.
9. Optional watermarks allow users to choose to print watermarks on documents that are not already watermarked, allowing a user to easily add a note (such as “draft” or “do not copy”) to a printed or exported document.
10. Custom field formats: Laserfiche now supports customized display of number, date and time fields. This allows you to display a number field as currency, for instance, or to customize the way date information is displayed.
11. Editable encrypted and compressed volumes, any Laserfiche volume now can be encryption and compression.
12. Time-based volume rollover allows volumes to be configured to roll over and create a new volume based on a time schedule or when they reach a particular size.
13. The User and Admin Help Guides are now available online in their most up-to-date form.
14. Laserfiche Web Access includes support for all new Laserfiche 8.2 Client and Server features, as well as performance enhancements and support for distributed installation.
15. Laserfiche 8.2 now includes improved troubleshooting support. It includes several new troubleshooting tools, including improved error message and trace handling and a tool for gathering troubleshooting information about your Laserfiche installation.
Solbrekk, Minneapolis Minnesota