Dominium property management company uses Laserfiche to handle all documents related to the purchase and management of 200 apartment buildings, over 21,000 units in 22 states.
If you work at a law firm, you know that you work with a lot of sensitive information for your clients. From time to time, I am sure, you have to email your clients. What do you do if you have sensitive information? Do you have a way of sending a email securely? Email security is not an option, it is necessary!
If you would like to discover how a law firm can send emails securely you should attend a webinar that we are having with ZixMail. They will be held:
Please contact me and I will give you more details on the webinar.
Here is more information on ZixMail Encrypted Email:
Lasefiche has announced that coming in January a new Online State and Local Government IT User Group will be started.
The first-ever online Laserfiche User Group for State and Local Government IT customers goes live in 2012! IT users from all around the country will convene online for a peer-to-peer exchange of ECM solutions and issues critical to public service environments.
If you are a State/Local Government IT user of Laserfiche Document Management Software, the you will want to join us on January 18, 2012, at 10 am PT as Jerry Sawyer, Senior Programmer Analyst of Durham County, North Carolina, kicks off the group’s inaugural meeting by sharing his ECM strategy and success. In the user group meeting, he’ll discuss:
Showbox is an Android App which is known for its huge role in the app entertainment. Imagine one stop for all the movies and TV shows that you would ever want to watch! showbox for iphone Because this is exactly what Showbox app is for its users. It is the ultimate mobile destination for movie lovers.
” Methods his county used to enable quick collaboration between the Department of Social Services and the County Attorney’s Office to prepare child welfare cases for trial.
” The system, servers and processes that improve his county’s efficiency and citizen services.
This will be valuable opportunity!
Beyond this formal user group meeting, the SLG IT User Group forum will officially launch on the Laserfiche Support Site on January 9. Starting on this date, SLG users may participate in the forum anytime by clicking on “Laserfiche SLG IT User Group” under the “Forums” tab in the “Laserfiche Technical Discussion Center.”
You are invited to attend The Art of Enabling the Government Enterprise with ECM on January 19 at 10:00 am PT.
Here is a good video by Alex Wilson, Product Manager, Brian LaPointe, VP of Sales, and Steve Hackney, Senior Solutions Engineer, discuss how Laserfiche 8.3 helps organizations get more functionality out of their line of business applications.
WhatsApp is an instant messaging app used by people of all ages around the world. It is a multi-platform app compatible for all kind of Smartphone platforms such as Android, iOS, Windows Phone. whatsapp for pc Besides availability on various mobile platforms, WhatsApp has recently introduced for Windows for PC as well.
This is just what the Fresno County’s Assessor-Recorder’s Office’s was experiencing. But, by leveraging Laserfiche Document Management software capability, they were able to:
- Reduce processing time for changes of ownerships from 15 days to 48 hours.
- Reduce manual statement processing by 20%.
- Increase citizen services while facing budget cuts, consolidation and attrition that reduced staff from over 200 to 149.
- Become more agile and responsive to both citizen requests and state mandates.
This article tells how they were able to achieve this. Laserfiche Quickfields works budget miracles
A study was done by the Delphi Group (copyright 2011), “The High Cost of Knowledge” has some important details that I think you will be interested in. In a survey of over 1000 office workers in mid to large size companies, they asked: “compare the amount of work you are doing today compared to 10 years ago.”
The answer to this question may surprise you. Only 11% reported they were doing the same amount of work as 10 years ago. Thirty-five percent said they are doing the work of two people. And 46% reported that they are doing the work of three or more people.
It was found that to cope with this workload and complex situations, over 48% of the worker survives by having over 10 windows open at any one time on their PC.
What these statistics tell me is that most organizations are understaffed and also have very ineffective systems that allow their user to easily access the information they need to get their jobs done. Users that are multi-tasking between 10 or more applications are probably more likely to be stressed, prone to making errors, and not likely to handle the work-load in the long term.
What is the solution? I think that automating business processes with workflow and integrating applications will help users and increasing productivity.
Automate Business Processes
We have automated many business processes for organizations over the years. Some examples of this would be Accounts Payable Automation – see: Accounts Payable Automation
Other examples of business processes that can be automated are:
- Travel and Expense approvals
- HR onboarding
- PTO approvals
- Energy Assistance approvals
- Application for employment
- Accounts Payable – Purchase Requisition
- Accounts Payable – Purchase Order Process
- Board Agenda Approval Process
- Blood Drive Donor Registration
- Bring Your Own Device Registration
- Budget Approval Process
- Building Inspection Approval Process
- Building Maintenance Request
- Building Permit Approval Process
- Request For Office Supplies
- Business License Application Approval Process
- Renewal of Business License Process
- Purchasing Change Order Process
- Company Party Invitation Form
- Company Vehicle Inspection
- Reservation of Company Vehicle
- Committee Minutes Approval Process
- Contract Approval Process
- Contract Management System
- Temp Worker Onboarding
- Class Add/Drop Request
- Court Case File Compilation
- Caseworker Weekly Report
- Diploma Request Form
- Employee Review Process
- Employee Offboarding
- Employee Referral
- Employee Promotion Approval Process
- Employee Termination Notification
- Event Registration
- Employee Exit Interview
- Expense and Travel Reimbursement
- Employee Position Requisition
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Leave Tracking
- FERPA Authorization
- Fire Inspection
- Flu Shot Registration
- Front Desk Visitor Sign-In Process
- Graffiti Removal Request
- Grant Approval and Management
- Hardware Device Checkout
- Insurance Benefits Enrollment
- IT Helpdesk Request
- Job Application
- Job Requisition
- Document Approval
- Liquor License Application and Renewal Process
- Purchase Requisitions
- Materials Request and Tracking
- Network Access Request
- AP Account Opening
- New Contract Request
- New Hire Onboarding Process
- HR Offer Letter Process
- Overtime Request Process
- Personal Information Change Request
- Dog License Application
- Teacher Evaluation Process
- Press Release Process
- Public Information Request
- Records Destruction Request
- Repair Issue
- RFQ Request for Quote
- Accident – Safety Incident Report
- Bullying Report
- Aptitude Test
- Service Request Process
- Accident Report
- Student Health Information
- Student History and Information
- Student Registration
- Student Housing Questionnaire
- Change Request
- SNAP Application approval
- Time tracking Process
- Student Transcript Process
- Shipping Request
- Trip/Travel Request Process
- Tuition Payment Process
- PTO Vacation / Sick Leave Request
- New Vendor Onboarding
- Workers’ Comp Claim Process
I liked the conclusion that the Delphi Group ended their article with: “Ultimately our ability to provide knowledge workers with better tools with which to do their jobs will determine how quickly we can accelerate the growth and economic prosperity needed to create new innovations and new jobs – making this jobless recover and every future one as short as possible!”
The tools are available to make workers more efficient. In this past year, I have helped organizations implement Laserfiche Document Management and Workflow software. I have seen amazing increases in user productivity using this tool, Laserfiche.
RELATED ARTICLES: How Much time spend searching for information
Save the Date for Empower 2012
January 25-27, 2012 – Anaheim Marriott
This is Laserfiche’s annual conference. This is a great place to learn more about using Laserfiche. This upcoming event will have well over hundreds of classes, customer success stories and hands on training opportunities.